BECOMING A TIME TRAVELLER

 

I always call myself a strong patriot, because I love my country and its history a lot. It has such a painful story, but that represents us as the brave nation, and I’m really proud of that. Whenever I hear about the war that happened in Kosovo, I immediately think about the people who suffered in pain. I try to feel and understand their scary moments, their shouts, cries, and wishes to stay alive. Maybe it’s wrong to cry about the moments which you didn’t experience, but I always do when someone shares their sad war stories. The goosebumps that are shown in my body, explains how deeply I want to know about our past. This doesn’t mean that our country has only sad stories. Kosovo has beautiful traditions, with wonderful objects that were found, and now are protected in museums since the war ended. The museums, which Kosovo has, are the ones who take us back in time.

 Kosovo didn’t always stay in war, but the old objects are always related to it.

I got very excited to visit the museums, because I didn’t get the chance to visit them earlier. I visited 2 museums; the first one is the National Museum of Kosovo, in Prishtina; and the second one is the Adem Jashari Memorial Complex in Prekaz/ Exhibition Hall Prekaz Massacre.

This blog will be focused only for the National Museum of Kosovo.

All the photos, which you are going to see below, were taken by me.

On May 24, I went to visit the National Museum of Kosovo, in Prishtina

The second I entered the museum yard; I got a feeling that this adventure was going to be great. I was very excited, and immediately rushed inside the museum. The moment when I got there was speechless. There was a quiet and peaceful music, which represented our country. There was an amazing breeze, which made me feel happy and emotional at the same time. Lastly, everything was well organized, with a clean environment. These things made me forget about everything, and just focus what was in there.

 

I didn’t know where to start, and when to take photos. As I was walking, I saw some jewelry, and immediately started to read about to who they belonged. The jewelry was the first thing that caught my eye, so I continued to read and find more of it.




These jewelry in these photos, were very, very beautiful. I learned how simple, creative and smart were the people who made those. Jewelry’s material, forms and colors were amazing. I kept questioning myself about, how could they be so talented in that time? I always forget that back then, people were more talented, but didn’t have the opportunities to express it, which is kind of sad.

The music kept changing as I was walking into another room. My curiosity kept getting bigger and bigger. As I was enjoying the music, I saw myself into a filming and instrumental room. There were some old cameras, radios and music tapes. I haven’t seen those kinds of cameras in my entire life. Only in movies. That was the moment when I realized that I travelled back in time, and I actually became a time traveler.

I continued to walk, until a saw an old piano. I love pianos. How sad that I can’t play it.



Photo by: Eliona Alija

As I was finishing my wonderful adventure in the National Museum of Kosovo, I decided to leave a piece of my heart there!

 



Photo by: Erblina Nikaj


Comments