Living the history for the first time

 

       Living the history for the first time - Vlera Ahmetaj

It was a sunny Friday afternoon when I and my friends, Tringa, Mirela, and Xhuljeta decided to go and visit an old Shrine (Alb. Tyrbe) on the way, we saw the National Museum of Kosova and decided to visit it. When I entered the garden through the main gate, I saw a machinegun and chills when through my spine. I went near to see that beauty, and it looked magnificent. The way it was built, with two barrels, and wheels. Knowing that this beauty was used to help our soldiers fight our enemies and give us freedom.

Then I proceeded to enter the Museum. At the entrance, some guides asked if I needed help, but I kindly refused it. I entered the first floor, and the view was something I’d never seen before. As soon as I entered the first floor, I remembered that I visited this museum when I was about 10 years old with my family members. It had changed a lot, meaning the interior. On the first floor, as I was walking slowly watching every artifact carefully, something that caught my eye was the vases made at that time. The pottery was stylish and fancy. Another thing on the first floor that grabbed my attention was the “Monetary circuit in the in the Dardanian Kingdom 5th- 1st  century B.C”


 As you can see in the picture some of the coins change their headers. Some of them have animals on them, some of them have princes, and the size of the changes. 








Passing from the coins to the other hall where                                

I got to see some statues of the famous princes.

The statues that I was more impressed by were the

Dionysos Herm (Roman period, 2nd – 4th , Ulpiana)

and the Marble head of the

Emperor Philip II the Arabian (Year: 244-249, Ulpiana)





     As I was passing to change the floor, this

Rectangle stone caught my eyes. I approached it

Out of curiosity, and I did not know what that was

Until I read what was written beside it. It was a

The tomb was constructed out of bricks. It amazed me

Because I’ve never seen a tomb made out of bricks.

In the description, it was written that inside this

Tomb, they found a women’s remains and also some

Gold and glass beads.   

 

Then I moved to the second floor of the museum. As I was climbing the stairs I got to see a masterpiece. It was the face of Mother Theresa made out of bronze and silver staples. It shocked me because looking at it from the far it looks like it’s made with paint, but when you approach it, you get to see the staples shining in the canvas. Art is a beautiful enigma.




When I entered the second floor, the first thing that grabbed my attention was a traditional wardrobe called “Xhubleta”. As I could see “Xhubleta” had some parts. It had a skirt, a jacket, a belt, and a scarf (I don’t know the proper names of these Albanian traditional wardrobes). According to the description, Xhubleta contains elements from the Bronze era. It is a heavy outfit, with a complex structure of wearing, with horizontal belts. It is stiff and wavy in the back. It was made for every age and status.


I’ve got to see a lot of great artifacts during my visit to the museum. The last thing that I saw before leaving was the Kosovo Declaration of Independence which is one of the artifacts that I was a child have experienced and which I’m most proud of.








Comments